Youth Engagement and Intergenerational Partnership Representative for the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Commission on Education and Communication’s (CEC) Steering Committee
IUCN CEC is seeking motivated young professionals from among its members and beyond to apply to become the next youth engagement and intergenerational partnership representative on its Steering Committee.
This call is open for young professionals who are:
- 35 years old or younger,
- Fluent in English, and an additional language (French and/or Spanish) will be preferable
- Strategic thinkers and passionate about communication and education for biodiversity conservation
- Motivated to take active part in the IUCN CEC’s Steering Committee and contribute to strategic decision-making, planning and engagement of members
- Able to activate the young professionals from the international network of IUCN CEC and other youth environment networks
- Enthused to collect, synthesize, and represent his/her peers’ opinions and interests within the Steering Committee and the wider IUCN community
- Available to commit his/her time and skills to the IUCN CEC vision
- Available to travel internationally (2 times per year) to attend IUCN CEC Steering Committee meetings and
- Available to attend IUCN CEC Steering Committee (monthly-bimonthly) skype meetings.
The Youth Engagement and Intergenerational Partnership Representative would support IUCN CEC by:
- Representing the views of young people and integrating an approach of intergenerational partnership into IUCN CEC work
- Inviting new and activating current young members of the IUCN CEC through the Commission’s plan of work
- Collaborating with and aligning IUCN CEC strategies with the IUCN Task Force for Intergenerational Partnership for Sustainability
- Collaborating with and coordinating activities through youth leadership in the other five IUCN Commissions
- Regularly sharing/writing news for the Union portal/cectalksnature/facebook/twitter, etc.
CEC will support the Youth Engagement and Intergenerational Partnership Representative by:
- Supporting his/her participation in Steering Committee meetings, as well as potential support for participation in other strategic events/meetings
- Providing him/her visibility on IUCN CEC platforms and recognition as Steering Committee Member
- Mentoring him/her to become a better communicator and leader in the conservation community
- Providing him/her information to better communicate with IUCN members and connect to the entire CEC family
- At the end of his/her service, in 2020, providing him/her with an official IUCN CEC certificate of appreciation and a letter of recommendation.
If interested, please fill out the online application form and submit by 31 January, midnight (GMT). Any inquiry or technical problem may arise with the link of the application form you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you already a CEC member? If not, it’s time to become part of our community!
Thank you for your time and effort!
© IUCN CEC 2014. All rights reserved. | Website Design by SW Creatives, LLC